Calling all parents and teachers! We are thrilled to announce of 2015-2016 Book List for the Virtual Book Club for Kids. For our 4th year we are featuring some of our favorite classic books that we feel all homes and schools should have on their bookshelves. Come join the fun!
Here is our Book List for 2015-2016:
Each month we will feature book inspired activities on our blogs on the 1st day of the month (unless otherwise noted).
September- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
October- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
November- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans (featured on November 2nd)
December- No Virtual Book Club this month
January- The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
February- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
March- The Tales of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
April- Corduroy by Don Freeman
May- Goldilocks and the 3 Dinosaurs by Mo Willems (featured on May 2nd)
June- The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
July- Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann
August- Brown Bear Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr.
How to participate in Virtual Book Club for Kids:
1. Start by locating the book for the month and read it with your child sometime during that month! Leave a comment on this post committing to join in all year long!
2. Try out one or more of the featured activities shared by our Virtual Book Club for Kids co-hosts with your child. Activities will be posted on the 1st of each month so you can access them all month long.
3. Post a photo or tell us about a featured book-inspired activity you did with your child using the featured book on our Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook Page or in the comments here on the blog.
4. (Optional) Create your own book-inspired activity using the featured book and either share it on your blog and share a link with us, or if you don’t have a blog, just share a photo with us on our Facebook page.
5. (Optional) Create your own Mommy and Me Book Club featuring the Virtual Book Club Books.
Get together with friends and read the book each month and then do book-inspired activities together. Find more details about creating a Mommy and Me Book Club HERE.
If you would like to get to know the other Virtual Book Club for Kids co-hosts for 2015-2016 just click on the links to their blogs below to learn more about them! Their sites are great preschool and toddler learning resources!
Virtual Book Club for Kids Hosting Bloggers
- Kristina at Toddler Approved
- Kim & Amanda at The Educators’ Spin On It
- Cerys at Rainy Day Mum
- Cassie at 3 Dinosaurs
- Jenae at I Can Teach My Child
- Carolyn at The Pleasantest Thing
- Jodie at Growing Book By Book
- Trisha at Inspiration Laboratories
- Devany at Still Playing School
- Jennifer at Study at Home Mama
Carla at Preschool Powol Packets
- Danielle at Mom Inspired Life
- Melissa at Mama Miss
Featured Activities based on Books
Each month all 14 of these talented bloggers will be share activities for you to do with the featured books. They will share ideas for the following submit area
- Name Activity